Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Wednesday to ME!!!

I had the coolest surprise today when I got home!!!

The maillady brought a box for me!!! As most of you know, it's not uncommon for me to get boxes in the mail. BUT I haven't ordered anything recently.
Yet this box is here waiting for me. :)

So OF COURSE I dive right into it!!
Guess what I found inside......Heirloom Tomato Plants!!

There are SIX different varieties. Ones that I've never even heard of before. Like Green Zebra, Cherokee Purple, Striped German, Nepal, Wonder Light, and Moskvich. I'm SO excited, I can't wait to get these in the ground and see the wonderful tomatoes that they will produce.

Hopefully they will look something like these....

OK so I'm sure you're asking how and why did these end up on my porch today.

WELL SO am I!!!

Actually I kinda have an idea, well at least I know how they got my address. Last week I was lead to a site called Tomato Heirlooms by another blog that I read. I had signed up at Tomato Heirlooms to receive the FREE Basil seeds, Well those came earlier in the week and today I recieved this huge box of Beautiful tomato plants!!! I had NO idea that these would be coming. I must have secertly won the tomato plant lottery. :) I guess it's a good thing now that we didn't end up with any of the plants that I was trying to buy from the school this year. I will definently be canning some of these beauties this summer. SO if any of you want to head on over this summer this is what I'll have in store!!
YAY I LOVE getting free stuff and don't tell anyone but I kinda liked the surprise too.

2 comments:

OurLittleFamily said...

That is so cool! It is neat to see it with my own eyes. I thought the plants were going to be smaller. Awesome! Let me know when you plant them! That pictures of the tomatoes looks interesting.

Danielle

JOY said...

Amazing! I'm heading over to that site next!!